Monday, June 13, 2011

Aspirin, ice pack, massage chair. Repeat.


I just got back from an emotionally/physically painful time at the gym (and no, I didn't run. I walked at 3.0 mph for 10 minutes...Not a good idea...I know.). I noticed the subtle pain in my leg (mid-calf) on saturday. This was the day after my rigorous 2.0 mile run (last friday / Incline 6.5 - 7.5 @ 7.0 - 8.0 mph).

It got worse on sunday night but I ignored it. Although, I didn't push myself and run over the weekend, I tried my best to give my body a rest.

Today, it was a lot worse. I was limping everywhere I went.

As explained in my last post, I haven't been training properly. I've just been keeping up with my running, increasing mileage each week without accurate and safe training knowledge.

I have been doing light stretches before/after my runs but I may have pulled muscles and tensed them up while doing them.

I'm studying all night tonight for my training.

I'm so upset I can't run for a couple of days but it's all fair since it is my fault for exerting myself this hard.

After some tears, I iced my leg and took some aspirin.

Rest. Research.

Sounds good.

Not loving this: Some idiot at the gym asked me about my limp and after I explained, his best advice was, "Run through the pain!". REALLY? Yeah, I'll just run 2.5 miles and assume that my injury will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment