I'm going to be like this in NYC, everyday for 16 days!
You can just IMAGINE how excited I am about my trip to New York City. 6 more days and I'll be on that plane (if only that trip was one-way) to the Big Apple.
Here's my list of things to do so far:
- Union Square Park visit
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and have pizza at Grimaldi's
- Go shopping at Bedford Avenue
- Go to Julliard's School at Lincoln Center and watch a dance show
- Be gently coerced by my friend from New York to do naughty things
- Eat donuts at The Doughnut Plant on Grand Street with my friend and her NYPD boys
- Seduce a NY policeman
- MomaMoMaMoma, of course. Moma. (Free admissions on friday nights!)
- Go take pictures on every damn street
- Picnic at Central Park
- Go for runs in New York
- McQueen exhibit at Met Museum's Costume Institute
- Shoe shopping and a LOT of it
I'm still in the process of making more additions to this list. I haven't included my "restaurant" list because it's WAY too long. Let's just say there will be a lot of burgers, cheesecake and more burgers. (I have to find the best burger in New York. Obviously.)
If anyone else has suggestions, I will gladly jot them down.
Now I won't be going THAT crazy with the food in NYC because I still want to maintain my current diet at a healthy level. Additionally, I want to try my best to squeeze some runs during my trip.
Of course, I know full well that there is no way I could run 3 miles every morning during this trip (or...could I?!) but there is no reason not to try my best to incorporate a ton of exercise in.
Anyways, this morning was amazing. I got up, checked my emails, made a fresh pot of coffee and went for my run.
What I did at the gym:
- 2.70 miles (HIIT at incline 7.0)
- 10 push-ups
- 30 crunches
- 30 bicycle crunches
- 30 leg lift crunches
- 30 chest flies
Loving this: David Sedaris's book, 'When You Are Engulfed in Flames'. A mosaic of short essays about awkward moments. I started reading this on public transit and couldn't stop snickering. Note to self: do not read his books in public, ever. I am looking forward to his other books.
Not loving this: Oh please, PLEASE, Vancouver. Please show me some sun. I want to go on a long run on the seawall.