Monday, April 25, 2011

Downtown Girl

So it's not even 9 in the morning and I've accomplished a lot already.

After my first cup of coffee, I skimmed through some vegan recipes online (FatfreeVeganVegan Yum Yum), did some crunches/bicycle crunches (30 each) and now I'm going to quickly jot down my to do list for the day before I head for the gym.

Yesterday, I sauntered over to the book store to purchase a novel for the day. I ended up picking "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov. Came home later in the evening and upon seeing my new purchase, my sister exclaimed she already had the book. Well, looks like I'm returning it.

Then a thought came over me, why buy a book when I can just walk over to the library (2 minutes away from my apartment) and lug back however many books I want for FREE? Wow, the idea of "borrowing books" from the library hasn't entered my mind since middle school. I've been so immersed in the great idea of buying books all these years after seeing reviews on forums and amazons that I overlooked this.


I'll make my way over there later today after my intense workout Day 2:

Here's the plan:
- 2 mins walking warm-up (4.0 mph, incline 7.0)
- 1 mile run (6.0 mph, incline 7.0)
- walk (4.0 mph, incline 7.0)
- 1 mile run (6.0 mph, incline 7.0)
- 1 mile cool down (4.0 mph, incline 7.0)
- 2 mins cool down walk (3.0 mph, incline 7.0)

An addition to the workout, I'll be doing some push-ups ; I'm trying to strengthen my "real" push ups opposed to the "girl" ones I used to do on my knees.

Workout goals for the week:
- Push-ups- 10/a day
- 12 miles for the week (That's 2 miles a day for 6 days)
- Bicycle crunches- 30/a day
- Crunches- 30/a day

As for the weight, I'm making a conscious effort to NOT focus on the numbers. Numbers shouldn't define who I am and how successful I am. It's really hard to do since my mind has been fixated on this for a very LONG time.

Working on it. You gotta walk before you run, right?

Loving this: Homemade Larabars. I'm going to make some today with dates, bananas and almonds. This idea was definitely ignited by Oh She Glow's Larabars!. I'm also very excited to try some other variations. Luscious flavours like: coconut, walnuts, cashews, chocolate, peanuts, plums...choices, choices! Will post picture later today.

Loving this 2: Hawaii Five-0 is on tonight. YES!

Loving this 3: Easter dinner tonight. They're serving fish so I guess I'll be munching on the veggies. Mmmm....grilled veggies.

Not loving this: My playlist on my blackberry. Listening to the same songs every day is not my idea of a heart pumping good time when working out. New songs anyone?

xoxo,
MK

4 comments:

  1. dash berlin ft emma hewitt: wating
    morgan page: fight for you
    tim berg: seek romance
    gyptian: hold you (major lazer remix)
    Katy B: katy on a mission
    magnetic man: perfect stranger
    pink fluid: bitch lady (crazibiza remix)
    devlin ft yasmin: runaway (nuTone & logisitics)
    Laurent Wolf: no stress
    Jessie J: nobodys perfect

    Let me know what you think, should be an interesting change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, where to begin? Oh I know, no stress. I didn't really like seek romance or bitch lady...too slow in the beginning. I did REALLY like Devlin, Magnetic Man and Katy B.
    Any more you'd like to share? We have very similar taste in music. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try
    Chase & Status feat Delilah: Time
    Gossip Love: Long Distance(Riva Starr Remix)
    perhaps Nadia Ali: Fantasy
    I will be on the lookout for some more edgy music ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Nadia Ali. Thank you so much. Keep it comin' ;)

    ReplyDelete