Thursday, August 4, 2011

the distractions that come

When I was little, I always told my mom, "Mom, I can't wait to be 20!" She scoffed at my outbursts about how I wanted to be older and "grown up".
Well, here I am, in my 20's, completely satisfied with how things are turning out.

I've tumbled through low times, went through higher times and now I feel like finally things are coming together. SLOWLY.
There are things that need to be fixed.
I need to extract drama out of my life; I detest fuss and neurotic behaviour yet somehow, I end up in some sort of melodramatic situations.

Cleaning up my life slowly. In the process of getting rid of habits and freshening up my life with positive things and people.

Life is too important to be taken seriously. So just do it.

Sorry about the rant. Just been thinking all day during work about the people in my life, things that I need to remove.

Cue rant.

Training

Today I'm supposed to go on my run. I'm leaving my house in 30 minutes to enjoy a brisk 2 mile run with my running pal (finally have one!). 
Just stuffed myself with some delicious quinoa though.


In dish:
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup french beans
- 1 mini zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Money's veggie burger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp mirin
- chili flakes
- squeeze of lemon juice
- a shake of cumin

It was so, so good. Just improvised along the way and it turned out superb.

Anyways, I'm off. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment