Monday, August 15, 2011

Et oui, pourquoi pas?

To celebrate my impending transition to my first year of school, I keep thinking of ways to buy myself something pretty. Bought myself two lovely French books.

Pourquoi pas?

(...Don't answer that.)

Training

So, today will mark the day of my third week of training. Supposed to do 12 miles this week (Really excited). Must work on eating better this week as well as stretching more.

Nutrition

I really want to try this post-run recipe I attained from Runner's World website. This recipe is not vegan or vegetarian so I'll probably end up using veggie meat.

Chick Pitas with Sun-Dried Tomato Spread

"Whole grain pitas help replenish spent muscle glycogen stores so that you are ready for your next run. Poultry is a leading source of an enzyme that scientists found can help preserve muscle power during high-intensity exercise by increasing efficiency of oxygen use. The nutrient-rich resume of avocado includes an abundance of antioxidant vitamin C, folate, and monounsaturated fat, all three of which help maintain heart health."

Ingredients:
- 10 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup roasted pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 whole-grain pitas
- 8 oz chicken
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 sliced avocado

1. Before going for run, place the sun dried tomatoes in water to soak for 30 minutes.

2. Blend in food processor with 1/4 of the soaking liquid, 1/3 roasted peppers, olive oil, garlic cloves, walnuts, mint, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.

3. Slice the pita breads in half; Place 1 tbsp of tomato spread in each half.

4. Divide among each pita 8z of chicken, 1 1/2 cups arugula, avocado slices and rest of roasted pepper.

5. Gobble Gobble!

Loving it: French movie / dinner nights with my friends. Did that on saturday night and it was awesome. Good food and good movies (although, we did end up spending about 1.5 hours trying to connect one of our three laptops to the tv.)


We love our kimchi and wine.




We feast.


Loving it 2: One of my most favourite people is in town today until September. I haven't seen him in maybe almost a year. He's coming back from his studies / work in France/Switzerland. I foresee many french conversations, giggles, pictures and Korean feasts (he loves Korean food).



As we run, we become. - Amby Burfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment