Friday, April 29, 2011

Zucchini, peas, almonds, oh my!

Zucchini, Peas and Almond Pasta Salad


This pasta salad is, again, very simple to make. I'm not making anything too complex because well... I don't really have the ingredients since I'm leaving for NYC in 2 days and the fridge is a little lacking.
This baby took about 20-30 minutes to make and it was filling and tasty. 
The side of cucumbers (with balsamic vinegar) and humous on bread were responsible for the delighted stomach and taste buds as well. 

**I think next time I'll put in some white beans and maybe try some asparagus slivers. Yum.

*** Mine didn't have cheese and it was pretty good. I think I'll add some daiya cheese next time though.

Serves: 4-6 as light mains, or 2-4 as main dish

Ingredients:
- 2-3 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 pound pasta of your choice, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (I used blanched slivers), toasted and cooled (leave them in the oven for 9 minutes in 300 degrees)
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of peas, boiled and drained
- pepper & salt
- Feta cheese or parmesan or pecorino romano cheese, desired amount (for non-vegans)

1. Stir zucchini, almonds, peas and pasta together.

2. Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Season dressing with fresh pepper and salt as desired.

3. Toss with salad and adjust seasoning to taste.

4. Put desired grated/sliced cheese on salad. It would probably be about 1/2 cup.

5. Eat your little heart out.


No comments:

Post a Comment