Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Writing Wednesdays

I've been writing, reading, researching all day. I went to the library yesterday and borrowed a stack of books. Books for my program in September, nutrition, fitness and a couple of medical books.

With the short amount of free time I'll have until September, I'm trying to indulge as much as possible on researching and absorbing before I fall, head first, into marketing management.

With this, I have a lot more to do before it hits 11. I also borrowed this marathon training book that I need to finish by the 31st.

I leave you now with one of my favourite recipes.

Rosemary Flatbread 


This is so simple to make as a quick appetizer or a side for salad (or whatever you please). 
This recipe also comes with a warning as it is highly addictive.

Serves: 4-8 as a light appetizer

Ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp)

1. Combine all dry ingredients (except rosemary). Add 1 cup cold water. Mix on low speed until ingredients are combined, increase speed to med-high (electric mixer) and continue to mix for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth, elastic, and cleanly pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl. (You don't need an electric mixer if you don't have one.)

2. Place dough in an oiled bowl, and allow to rest for 2-4 hours until it has doubled in size. Split the dough into halves and form each into a log. Place log on a floured surface, and allow it to rest until the formed dough doubles in size again, at least 1 hour.

3. Preheat oven to 520 degrees, on broil. Put dough on a lightly floured on a lightly floured baker's peel/oven pan. Dimple dough by pressing it down with your fingertips. Work the dough outward toward the edges of the peel until you reach your desired size and thickness, about 1/4 inch. 

4. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, rosemary and sprinkle with remaining salt.

5. Slide flatbread on a pizza stone (if using baker's peel). Bake until the bubbles range from golden to deep brown in color, 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment