Thursday, June 2, 2011

Boston Creamed!

My friend and I had the worst time trying to find a place to go last night for game 1 (Canucks vs. Bruins).
Everywhere else on Granville was packed so that left us with no choice but an obvious destination, that being the most tired bar that we've frequented back in the day, Relish.

After the game was over (WE WON!), off we trotted to Guilt and Co for a grand game of life-sized jenga.

An epic night? I THINK YES.

I'm going to end this entry with my chickpea patties recipe.

This recipe was so simple and it definitely cured my cravings for carbs late at night. One patty is about 180 calories.

Serves: 2-4

Ingredients:
- 1 14 oz can of chickpeas
- 1/3 ground almonds
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, ground to crumbs
- 2 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 nori (seaweed) sheets, torn
- 2 garlic cloves, ground
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- vegetable or olive oil for frying

1. In your food processor, pulse the chickpeas to a course meal. 

2. Add to a large mixing bowl along with the ground almonds, bread crumbs, garlic cloves, flax seed, torn nori (seaweed), nutritional yeast and mash together with a fork. 

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together almond butter and lemon juice. 

4. Add this together to the big bowl and combine well until a thick paste comes together.

5. In a large skillet, line the bottom with vegetable/olive oil and heat on med-high. Grab two spoonful's of patty and mold to a small-med disc. Fry each side for 5 minutes or so until light brown.

6. Serve with a bed of brown rice or small salad. 

ENJOY!

Not loving this: The fact that some people will never change. Be mature about things. Don't get upset because we're not friends anymore and I happen to be at your workplace with my other friends. Don't make a huge fuss over it and blurt out things like, "ARE YOU ****ing kidding me? Is that who I think it is?" (Right, who says that anymore?)
Get over yourself. Grow up a little. I've forgotten how cumbersome it was to be around that 24/7. Yes, we had a falling out but there's no need for drama. Get over it; I certainly have.
How depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment