Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Plans

I used to be nonchalant, 'flexible', but it always ended up, discomfortingly, into not caring enough. Not caring (going to be vague here) actually produced repulsive mannerisms and wasted time.

I gave that up and turned to good old numbers, exact dates, times, routines.

Then that got obsessive too.

It was a vicious cycle I couldn't get rid of. 

Now? I think I turned it for the better. I'm not obsessive over calories but I do have an idea of what goes in my body and the outtake. I measure how much I run, the duration, heart rate and started my first training log yesterday night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm still having a hard time choosing a program for my half-marathon. I'm also having a tough time with my nutrition; I can't tell what's enough or not for my body as I've been running 2-4 miles a day.

I wish I had the day off today to finish my marathon books (they're SO over due at the library...) but oh well, this is life.

Exercise/Training

I'm not going to go running today because I ran 9 days in a row. These legs need rest. I'm going to do cross training today (to those who don't know: anything other than running or walking such as swimming, cycling, weight lifting...etc). I'm trying to strengthen the muscles in my legs and my upper body so I can train better.

What I did this morning:
- 30 regular crunches
- 30 bicycle crunches
- 30 leg raises
- 10 butt lifts 
- 10 push ups

Loving this: My breakfast. Almond butter, strawberries and banana on toast. NOM!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment