Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Runday? Anyone?

Ran on the seawall to English Bay this morning and saw no one out and about. I realize it's lazy Sunday but it was beautiful out. Probably saw about 3 runners in total.
Anyways, not the point.

The point is that I went for a glorious run this morning and did a very slow and easy 2.79 miles. 

During my run, my stomach started twisting. Like air-dried laundry. I'm going to assume it was from the banana I literally smashed down my throat before stepping out. 

Came back and had a delicious kale smoothie. I got a free sample of this new smoothie powder called Achiva.

Some facts about Achiva and its benefits:
- Vegan and gluten free
- Raw hemp seeds
- Inulin: healthy source for bowel movement and gut health promoting soluble fibre. Ideal nutritional support for the body's insulin needs.
- Brown Rice Protein: Extra protein source
- Rubisco green leaf protein: contains barley, wheat grass, spinach, pea, faba bean, oat, alfalfa...and other nutritional foods.

Anyways, when I smelled it this morning before I put it in my smoothie, I was a little reluctant about it. It did not smell good. At all. Braving the musty herbal scent, I put one tbsp of the hemp protein powder in my green smoothie.
Other ingredients:
- 2 Kale Leaves
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 2 fat juicy strawberries
- 1/2 almond milk
- 1/2 water

Taste? It was SO good. Couldn't even taste the hemp protein powder at all. I think it actually made the smoothie thicker which I liked.

Anyways, I'm off to read some more. (I still haven't returned my library books. Oops.)

Not loving this: I work 6 days in a row. And today HAPPENS to be a beautiful day. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment